Welcome Guest. Sign in or Signup
Asked by: Brie
"Microsoft, a, Certification?, Desk, Help, How, in, Obtain, Support, to Questions
How to Obtain a Microsoft Certification in Help Desk Support?
sam on May 30, 2013
1. Learn how to perform attended and unattended Windows operating system installations, as well as upgrades from one version of Windows to another. Manage and troubleshoot file and folder access, both on a local computer and a shared network. Display the ability to install local and network printers as well.
2. Be able to set up and troubleshoot multiple devices, including hard disk drives, optical drives, display devices and input/output devices. Show an aptitude for configuring and troubleshooting Windows desktops, languages, user accounts and system performance. Become proficient in configuring and troubleshooting network connectivity, including TCP/IP, remote and Internet connections.
3. Install, configure and troubleshoot Microsoft applications, such as the Office suite, Internet Explorer and Outlook Express. Display the ability to troubleshoot connectivity and configure security settings for these programs.
4. Locate a test site that offers Microsoft exams “70-271: Supporting Users and Troubleshooting a Windows XP Operating System” and “70-272:Supporting Users and Troubleshooting a Windows XP Operating System.” This can be done through “Prometric,” Microsoft’s exam provider. See the Resources section of this article for a direct link.
5. Schedule an appointment to take the MCDST exams and pay for the exams. Accepted payment methods are Mastercard, Visa and American Express. Arrive at the test site at least 30 minutes before the arranged time, pay the testing fees, which are $125 each as of 2010, and take the exams.
0 Votes 0 Votes 0 Votes
Existing User New User? Register Now
© 2015 Emergus Answers All right reserved.